<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Not politically motivated, oh no
 
The GOP House plans to investigate the Berger incident: 



Also Wednesday, the House Government Reform Committee announced it would launch a separate investigation into the matter.
*****
Rep. Tom Davis, R-Va., chairman of the Government Reform Committee, said the panel was launching its own inquiry because the Berger allegations "are deeply troubling."

Remember how "deeply troubled" Mr. Davis was when officials of the current administration blew a CIA agent's cover?  Me neither.
 
The FBI does not find the Berger allegations to be "deeply troubling": 
 

. . . a government official who asked not to be identified because of the political sensitivity of the matter said that FBI agents did not regard the Berger inquiry as "a front-burner-type of investigation."
*****
. . . the FBI did not consider the incident to be a major threat to national security, a government official said.

I for one am deeply troubled by the GOP's selective sense of what is deeply troubling.


Update:  Kevin Drum  was deeply puzzled by this as well last night.   I think I may in future stick to blogging about my personal life and my hairstyles and such (I love to talk about my hair)  since I doubt I'll ever have any particularly original political observations . . .

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?