<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

God shows us who's boss

You know, in my last post about Bejus showing me who's boss by cutting off my cable, I was kidding.

But Florida Governor Jebay Bush wasn't kidding when he said the hurricane was God's way of sending us a message:


The president's brother, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, surveyed the devastation by helicopter. Visiting relief workers in Punta Gorda, he defended scientists and local officials from criticism that they had miscalculated the path of the hurricane, which had been expected to hit the more heavily populated Tampa Bay region almost 100 miles to the north.

"God doesn't follow the linear projections of computer models," Bush said outside the emergency management center, whose roof caved in during the hurricane. "This is God's way of telling us that he's almighty and we're mortal."


To which I say, what crawled up His shorts anyway? Couldn't God have chosen a more magnanimous way of showing us His power?

(I'd give credit to the blog where I first saw this story linked, if I could only remember which blog it was . . .)

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?