<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Freedom jokes

Tonight I went to hear William Kristol debate Michael Waldman at Coastal Carolina University. Maybe I'll blog about it later, maybe not, but for now I'll just say this: I wish I had a dollar for every time Mr. Kristol made some dopey crack about the French. He was in the double digits by the end of the evening.

One French-bashing joke: OK, we can all laugh, making fun of the French is a time-honored universal pastime (except among the French).

Two: Ha ha, that's fine, we expect as much from a supporter of Bush and the Iraq war.

Three: Har. OK.

Four: All right, enough. Time to stop going for the cheap laughs.

Five: GET SOME NEW GODDAMN MATERIAL ALREADY!

It made Mr. Kristol seem, I hate to say it, kind of hack-ish. I would have had perhaps a not unfavorable (as he himself might say) impression of him if not for that.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?