<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Armstrong Williams: "When does conception begin?"

I was having dinner with friends last night and someone mentioned Armstrong Williams, media whore extraordinaire.

T told us that he had gone to see Jim DeMint and Inez Tenenbaum debate at Coastal Carolina University during the Senatorial campaign. Armstrong Williams was one of the "journalists" asking questions.

Williams asked Ms. Tenenbaum, "So, Ms. Tenenbaum, when do you think conception begins?"

Ms. Tenenbaum replied, "I'm not sure I understand the question."

"When does conception begin?" Williams said impatiently.

Tenenbaum said, "I think you mean, does life begin at conception."

"Whatever," Williams said.



Speaking of Williams, his syndicated column wasn't good for much but it did bring us this gem:

There was a conversation at a 1996 Washington Urban League ceremony honoring Thurmond and myself for the growing bonds between black and white Americans. Backstage, Thurmond leaned over and said, "You know, I have deep roots in the black community ... deep roots." His voice softened into a raspy whisper, "You've heard the rumors."

"Are they just rumors, senator?" I asked.

"I've had a fulfilling life," cackled Thurmond, winking.





|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?