<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Work is the curse of the drinking class *

Roy at Alicublog says, "I would like to know what your truest quotes are." By "truest quotes" he means quotes that "stick with you because they really reflect your beliefs, and have done so through whatever life experiences you've had."


Two sprang immediately to mind for me:

"The awful thing about life is that everyone has his reasons." - Jean Renoir

and

"Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine." - Patti Smith

Later, I remembered this one: "I don't hate people. I just seem to feel better when they're not around." - Mickey Rourke in "Barfly." I don't know why I love that, but I do.

And then, not to brag of course, but I'm rather fond of my own: "White people suck."

Taken together, those all look kind of gloomy, don't they? Pessimistic. Misanthropic, even. I'm not a misanthrope, really. I LOVE mankind. No, wait: "Principally I hate and detest that animal called man; although I heartily love John, Peter, Thomas, and so forth." - Jonathan Swift


So, to lighten things up: "Go! And never darken our towels again!" - Groucho Marx.

*Oscar Wilde

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?