<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Freeze, motherfucker!

Other, better bloggers have rained deserved derision upon this simultaneously dopey and odious Ann Althouse post, in which Prof. Althouse posits that a "greater good" can arise from the shooting of an innocent man by the London police. Namely, people will stop acting "suspicious" and wearing bulky clothing and so forth.

Some commenters took exception to Prof. Althouse's post, whereupon some of her regulars (I take it) rushed to her defense. Here's Aaron:

The passivity of Ann's critics is quite interesting. They take umbrage it seems to me because part of her comments ask for the public to take some actions to aid in their own security. Reading them I feel like this is the source of their emotionalism. They resent being asked to take any steps or pains to keep themselves or their fellow citizens safe. How dare the government not do it all? How dare I be asked to change my behavior at all! My freedom to behave in any way I like under any circumstances is not to be questioned! This is infantile both in what consittutes freedom and what constitutes the responsabilities of a citizen of a free society under attack. The bill of rights is not a suicide pack [sic].


Yes, Aaron characterizes those who object to the police's shooting dark-skinned people down like dogs as "passive."

More from Aaron:

We need a responsible citizenry. I don't want the cops to have carte blanch [sic.] and neither does Ms. Althouse. I'd still like folks to do what they can to help law inforcement do their jobs. If we all sit on the side-lines criticizing the government while passively demanding we be protected we will most assuredly lose.


I'd like to see Aaron himself lead the way, by going about the streets naked so that the police can see that he is unarmed and has nothing to hide. If Aaron fails to do so, then I suggest plainclothes Aaron take matters into his own hands thusly:

Aaron: "Freeze, motherfucker! Hands where I can see them!"

Aaron: "What the - Jesus! What is this, a stick-up? I don't have anything! Don't point that gun at me!"

Aaron: "Shut the fuck up! Put your hands on your head and get on the ground!"

Aaron: [runs]

Aaron: [shoots self in the head multiple times]

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?