<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Paging Laurin Manning * **

Re the anti-cyberstalking provision stuck in the called Violence Against Women and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act, Atrios asks: Who will be the first head up their ass blogger to try to get one of their trolls in trouble with this law...

Frankly, I was a little worried after reading Atrios's initial short take on the law - if they outlaw being annoying on the Internet, I thought, then I might as well throw my 'puter away. But after reading the text of the statute, I decided that it doesn't cover my brand of annoying-ness. Nim, Ham Hock of Liberty, agrees. So snark is still legal.

*Just kidding, Ms. Manning. I know you wouldn't do that!
**Alternate post title: If flaming is outlawed, only outlaws will flame!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?