<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 08, 2006

Steve Gilliard wishes he wrote this

Here's Annti on Steve Irwin's death:

I'll tell you why I like people like Steve Irwin and Jack Hanna: Because they spend their whole lives WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF TO SAVE ANIMALS AND TEACHING OTHER PEOPLE TO LOVE AND APPRECIATE AND TO WANT TO HELP ANIMALS.


Annti goes on to explain why she hates PETA. Does anyone NOT hate PETA? PETA is truly a uniter, not a divider.

By contrast, here's John Cole's prissy take on Irwin:

It will seem shitty of me to say this, but anyone who didn’t see something like this coming is blind.


You know, it does seem shitty of you to say that.

Well, maybe not seeing him die from a stingray tail to the chest, but something along the lines of an animal attack. I always loved the show, but in the back of my mind during episodewas that I felt doing this sort of thing with a wife and children was supremely irresponsible.


Not to go all Ayn Rand-ish on y'all, but not a lot of bridges or high-rises would get built if everyone felt the way Cole does.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?