<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sad news

Poor fourslegsgood had to make the wrenching decision to put down Lionkitty Maxx, the indescribably majestic beast shown in these beautiful pictures. Please go over to Plush Life and give 4lg a big cyber-hug.

Also, Kevin Drum's cute kitty Jasmine died suddenly on January 4. Not to minimize Kevin's loss, but in a way I think he was luckier than 4lg. I can say that because my most excellent first cat died much the same way Jasmine did. I didn't see it - I found his body shortly after it happened - but it looked like he just dropped dead, basically. I mean, it didn't look like he suffered. He had been diagnosed with a heart murmur a few years before, but he seemed perfectly healthy and happy. He was a cool cat, the coolest. The most suave.

Anyway. As heartbroken as I was when he died, I remember that even then I realized I was lucky that I knew what happened to him, and I knew he didn't suffer. And I was never faced with the sad decision of having to put him down due to illness. My heart truly goes out to fourlegsgood.

Do go to 4lg's blog and admire Maxx's pictures - what a magnificent creature. Not to gush, but just look at that face. You can tell he had personality to burn.

On a happier note, the prognosis for Anntichrist's beloved Biddy looks good, so please keep your fingers crossed for her.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?